Saturday 10 November 2012

FORMER BOLTON STAR FABRICE MUAMBA PULLED OUT OF 'I'M A CELEBRITY' AT LAST MINUTE












Fabrice Muamba was set to join the cast of 'I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here' but pulled out at the 11th hour.

The former Bolton star, who almost died after collapsing on the pitch during an FA Cup match at White Hart Lane earlier this year, was all lined up for the reality show but told a newspaper that he got cold feet. "I was supposed to go to the jungle, but I thought this is not for me," the 24-year-old told the Daily Star.  "I'm really not a celebrity. I'm not interested in that. I just want to be able to spend some time with the family."

Muamba may protest that he is not a celebrity, but he is one of the most famous men in the country following his extraordinary brush with death, and the grace with which he handled it. His popularity was shown once again as he was warmly received by the crowd at Tottenham when he attended a Europa League match on Thursday night.   The former England U21 star was technically dead for 78 minutes as medical personnel - who included a consultant heart surgeon who happened to be in the crowd - fought successfully to save his life.

Muamba has made a recovery that doctors called "miraculous", though since being fitted with a pacemaker two months ago he has been told that he will not be able to play football at the highest levelThat has not stopped  he likeable and intelligent former star from getting on with his life: he recently married long-time partner Shauna, with whom he has a son, and is already looking to get on with the next phase of his life.  

Muamba has a book coming out shortly, but he is yet to make any more long-term plans.  "I have not decided what route I want to take my life but at this moment I just want to enjoy myself," he said.

Culled from: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/muamba-pulled-m-celebrity-last-minute-105914335.html

No comments:

Post a Comment